Dwarf hair grass question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
For those of you have grown dwarf hair grass, do I absolutely have to fertilize it? It's in my 2.5 gallon with a sandy substrate and it's been there about two weeks and it seems to be spreading alright... Just curious.

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
I'm going to go out on a limb and say, if its growing fine and spreading well, then you maybe able to get away without fertilizing it... but if you did fertilize it, it may grow a little better / faster...

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
I've never had luck with it myself, with or without liquid ferts, but I don't have a lot of lighting on my tanks either. Like Homer said if it's spreading it should be fine but ferts will always help it spread faster.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
yea i have had some in my tank for abt 3 weeks I fertilize once a week using the aqueon food and i cant even tell that mines doing anything I even have a DIY co2 and med lighting. so I guess if it is spreading sb fine but I would still feed once a week as sand has no nutrients and that small of tank might not get enough nutrients from the tank

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Understandably. There's a betta and two ghost shrimp in there. They get along pretty well xD I'm gonna pick up some excel and maybe some root tabs.

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
^ if you have shrimp make sure not to over-dose on excel, in the past i'm sure i've lost some of the more sensitive shrimp to excel...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
It grew well for me in a high tech setup... I have been trying to find some Giant Hairgrass for my current low tech tank but haven't tried it yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store