Hello!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dsd2987

Registered Member
Jan 6, 2014
Indiana
Hey guys! I'm kind of new to the hobby. I have had 10 gallon fish tanks in the past and was one of those that over stocked, went through fish faster than I should have, and never paid attention to water chemistry. Since then about 5 years ago I just gave up. Well now I have a 55 gallon and am getting more into the science in it and trying to do things right. Luckily I came by this place, cause you guys have a lot of good info. Well I am excited to meet you guys and learn more about the hobby.

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby.

Some of the best advice I could give would be to keep up on water changes and get an API liquid test kit.

What are you keeping in that 55g?

Sent from my SGS4 Active

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

dsd2987

Registered Member
Jan 6, 2014
Indiana
Well right now 3 blue mystery a medium size black moor, a Dragon fish, a sail fin molly, and just for temporary a 4" commet, and 2 6" koi. The koi and commet are for a pond my parents are finishing this spring. Not going to lie, they were also kind of Walmart sympathy fish. But they will be gone in a few months. So far I have been doing 25% water changes once a week, and have a 75g filter, and bubble stone. Still having a problem with cloudiness more so small white particles. Was thinking about getting some trumpet snails. I know they can become invasive, but need some help keeping the gravel clean with the messy koi. Thinking about switching to sand though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store