Tank Stocking Questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nonserviamgr

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
Hey, i put some new fish in my 25g tank today. Tank had only a full grown synodontis eupterus.

I added today 3 guppies (one male two females), a mystery snail and an amano shrimp (those 2 for eating algae).

The amano shrimp walked around a bit and when synodontis came close to her she went and hide and hasnt been out for some hours... Is he gonna eat her?
Also is the mystery snail and amano shrimp gonna be enough for algae eating? If not what do you suggest?

Im thinking of adding 3 more guppy (1 male 2 female) and 6 neons (for middle dwelling). What fish do you suggest i should add for it to be peaceful and how many fish i could add?

Thanks for answers in advance

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Had to look it up, but that is a cool looking catfish you've got! Problem is, they're recommended for 50g or larger tanks.

Your added livebearers will potentially over-populate this tank. If you want to keep them, I'd keep only males or only females. I've got a single little Japanese blue guppy in my 10g that's loaded with red cherry and ghost shrimp. I've never witnessed the guppy eating even the tiniest of baby shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store