Help finish my 150 gal stocking (africans)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
So, I'm nowhere near the point of buying fish yet, but I like to have a game plan ahead of time while I'm doing all the set up. I kind of have an idea of what I want but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what else to add. I think I'm pretty well stocked but I think I have room for(and would like) one or two show/center piece fish. I'm thinking something along the lines of 8" or so? I just think it would be nice to have one or two larger fish among all these 4-5" fish.

Any suggestions that would be temperament compatible with the current list below?

Be forwarned, I'm a lake mixer... I'm aware of all the arguments for and against, thank you. :)
I'm even considering going so far as mixing continents by adding a Green Terror as a center piece fish. While I have experience and success with mixing lakes, I haven't done this before, so if I can find a suitable African substitute, I'll likely go that route. Lets not turn this into a pro/con mixing, I'm just looking for your suggestions.

This is what I have planned so far:

1m/3f - Yellow labs
1m/3f - Pseudotropheus cyaneorhabdos (Used to be M. Maingano)
3 - Pictus cats
1m - Neolamprologus brichardi
1m - Red Empress

So, any other ideas? Like I said, a large centerpiece would be nice, but I would also like to add some more red if that is possible. Are there any red mouth brooders similar to the yellow labs and Maingano?

I've been looking through profiles and my head is dissy. There are so many, and I have no idea if I would even be able to get ahold of some of them.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I dont know what you can add but if that were my tank id do a nice large group of 20+ Christmas Fulus. They are africans i believe but theyre colors are UNBEATABLE when it comes to africans.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Java and anubias are very tough plants to consume for fish. You could get those and feed zuchinni along with a varied diet. They are herbivours but will eat flake food. Actually africans in general will even snack on blanched zuchinni too. My LFS does it all the time with their stock.
Back to your original question, have you though of any catfish for your tank? Theyre are many that live well with african and get to be 8"+.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store