Cyst/ whote spot on Pleco eye. Please help...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
I noticed a day or so ago a white spot on the eye of my common pleco. Then today it looks as if there is a cyst or something there. The tank is a planted 55gal that has been established for about 5 years. All the fish in this tank have been together for several years except for 3 molly's I re-homed for a friend about 3 weeks ago, all of which seem healthy.
All water parameters are good. I test with a combination of api master test kit and 5in1 strips for a quick test. I do a water change (30% +/-) each week to week and a half.
This cyst/spot is the only spot on the fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want my guy to die or lose his eye. I will try to get a better pic. Thanks in advance.
CAM00688.jpegCAM00689.jpeg

CAM00688.jpeg CAM00689.jpeg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I noticed a day or so ago a white spot on the eye of my common pleco. Then today it looks as if there is a cyst or something there. The tank is a planted 55gal that has been established for about 5 years. All the fish in this tank have been together for several years except for 3 molly's I re-homed for a friend about 3 weeks ago, all of which seem healthy.
All water parameters are good. I test with a combination of api master test kit and 5in1 strips for a quick test. I do a water change (30% +/-) each week to week and a half.
This cyst/spot is the only spot on the fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want my guy to die or lose his eye. I will try to get a better pic. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 210859View attachment 210860
I dont know much on fish dieseases or illnesses but hopefully he'll pull through. Seems nasty. Id just make a quick check of all the other fish as well and see if they are doing any strange behaviors as this may be a sign of diesease. Best of luck for you and the fish!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
Id just make a quick check of all the other fish as well and see if they are doing any strange behaviors as this may be a sign of diesease.
I looked over the tank and haven't seen anything on any of the other fish.
Here are a couple better pics.
CAM00690.jpegCAM00691.jpeg

CAM00690.jpeg CAM00691.jpeg

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
Whats your ammonia levels etc exactly... Coz normally its due to bad water quality or a secondary illness / problem

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Can we ID the species of this common pleco? He doesn't look very common to me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store