What do you mean, out of stock?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I do not trust the solution provided for the drop checker I bought. I also don't like the price of buying the two chemicals separate. So this was going to be a great fix for my issues. But the site has said out of stock for quite a while now.
uploadfromtaptalk1389402539896.jpg

Does anyone know where else I can get premade drop checker fluid?
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1389402539896.jpg

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
Did you check any online guides at all?

Coz whenever i've read them they advise people to add (recommended dose) of the indicator fluid into the drop checker with distilled water that has a 4KH reading...

You get the KH4 by adding adding baking soda i think?

Anyway, a quick search brought this up (not same article, but seems very similar) so might be worth checkin out...

Since i use both an ADA and Viva drop checker and never had issues when using the 4KH water mixture...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Yeah I did the same thing, researched how to make the reference solution...in the end I never figured out how much baking soda to start with.

Another issue is I only have a general test for water hardness, of which I think I only have one strip left. I need to look into getting a more accurate test kit. Someone suggested 2 test kits I should get...but one of the link said the test suggested was for marine applications. So I tried to find a sure fire ( I cant mess this up) way to know its right without testing...and that is when I found GLA's product. It was just a tease in the end since it is not available.

I will have to dig and figure out what test I need to make my own I guess, I was hoping another provider offered a pre-made solution honestly.

Fat Homer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2010
-852-
I did find a link ages ago and pre-mixed a large bottle of the water, sadly i cant remember the link, but the recipe for mixing 4Kh water is out there...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Rbishop you wouldn't happen to have saved the pics from the link?

I tried doing as it said...but I am not sure I did it correctly.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
If your CO2 is already dialed in , and you have had it running for awhile, there is really no reason for a drop checker anymore. They are not really that accurate, and are a bit of an eye sore. If you are getting 3 to 4 bbs, you should be fine.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
With GLA's suggestion, I purchased a 250ml reference fluid and a API's ph test kit. I assume ph test kit is Bromothymol blue, actually google confirmed this for me just now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store