Fishy Friend Finder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I know I'm just asking for it posting in this section, but what are the chances we could somehow map out members so we can see who is closest to us?

I started a group called Southeastern Swap USA to try and identify and trade with people local to me, but it will be slow going if I have to watch the forum for people posting with locations close to me, and then invite them. Surely there is an easier way! I'm just trying to help. There aren't as many members in the SE as other places from what I have seen. However, I am surely not the only one who wants to know what members are closest to them. Shoot... you might just want to come by my cafe and have a cup of coffee with me... I don't know. Free cup of coffee for anyone from AC that stops by my cafe! No kidding (Map to: Florida Farmers Market & Cafe)

What about the rest of you?

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Do you have a member/viewer password we can have, Mr. Normal?

Edit: On a second look, I see only one user... You in Boon, MI.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
joe123

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I didn't throw me an error, but it still only shows me your location. Have you uploaded a list recently, or is it something I need to do myself (as well as others)?

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
P.S. - Thank you for answering me with a solution I asked for exactly! Now that's service! :)

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If only it still worked, you'd be able to find a whole bunch of people who may no longer keep fish ;)

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?59309-AC-Users-Map
and
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?124841-AC-users-map

But, it's been my experience that if you stick around a while, you'll find who's close.

My more recent experience, is that if you want to find people close to home that are interested in fishkeeping, that aquarium societies are the way to go. Keep an eye on the AC meets forum here, you may well find that there's a club or event that's within travelling distance from you. There might also be Auctions, Workshops and Conventions to attend.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
My personal problem is that there aren't many people that are into the hobby in my area. I live in a rural area, so to find fellow fishy peeps I have to cast a pretty wide net. If I want there to be a local group, I will have to start and organize it myself. I don't know if I have that kind of time at the moment. Then again I have been spending a lot of time on here, so maybe I do have time haha!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store