Stocking has begun!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
I added a 3ish inch angel and a 2ish inch bristlnose over the weekend. I would like to get a pair or just one of some apisto or ram. Is this ok? I also want at least one other pleco, could i get two small ones? Otherwise I will add a school of hatchets or some other top swimmer. This will all take place in at least two weeks when everything gets back into balance. also, I think my angel already ate my tiny habrosus :( I thought he wouldnt be able to eat him.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is this the 26g tank that may or may not have an adequate nitrogen cycle going on it in yet?

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
It is and it has already cycled completely.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
seems a bit overstocked for a 26 gallon angels can grow to over 6 inches. And your pleco should have at least a 29 gallon tank. And not to be rude but I seem to remember you losing fish last time because of an improper cycling procedure and ammonia poisoning. Its better not to rush things in an aquarium, this hobby will teach you patience if nothing else, unless your are very wealthy and do not mind paying for your mistakes ;)

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Ok. So am I going to have to take back my angel and bn?

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
I really like the angel but I would be willing to take him back... Do I have yo take back the pleco? Hes awesome and I want to have some type of Loriicarid in there. If I take the angel back I will go Apistos in a few weeks and a school of one or two of these: pencilfish, rummynose. and hatchets

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
By habrosus, do you mean Corydoras habrosus? I would not recommend this small species of cory in with angelfish, plus they need a group (and the "dwarf" corys really do need larger groups).

A sole angelfish in a 26g is do-able, if you are satisfied with only that fish plus a substrate fish or two. But it is not the best, and not something I would ever do myself, nor recommend. I would return the angelfish.

A Bristlenose is OK, they max out at 4 inches (assuming it is a true Ancistrus species). Males are territorial so I would stay with one in this small a tank space. You can add corys though, or a Whiptail (Rineloricaria parva, not the giant "Royal" species), or the popular "red" whiptails.

The tank is better suited to the other plan you mention, a pair (or trio, depending upon species, as some are harem rather than pair) of Apistogramma or similar dwarf cichlid [only one species though] and some smaller characins like hatchets, pencils, etc. This would be nice.

Byron.

fishay12

future fish addict
Dec 3, 2013
Ok I think I will go with one or a pair of apistos ( as long as they dont get too aggressive) my bn and maybe a red lizard catfish (L010a) And a school of pencils or hatchets. Thanks guys :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store