Cichlid babys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Matt5888

AC Members
Oct 16, 2013
Hey guys i bought 2 electric blues, or at least i think there electric blues a while ago, and now i can see up to 7 baby cichlids swimming around my tank, i've had babbeis before but there were platys and the only thing in the tank, in this 32G that i have ive got plecos catfish, 2 frotosas and iridescent and a Pakistani loach and an angel so far there doing fine but i worry for there safety. I know for a fact that my laoch has taken bites out of my angel and pleco, do you think i should get the baby's out or leave them in? i can provide pics if you'd like, also is there any special care for cichlid babies i should know about? thanks in advance!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Before I go much further--- You have 2 Frontosa in a 32gal??

Matt5888

AC Members
Oct 16, 2013
yes, there not very big at the moment, im letting them grow abit before i put them in my 250 gal

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
That depends. Do you want to keep and raise the babies?

I had an african tank that actively bred on a regular basis, but I wasn't interested, or had the room to raise fry, so I didn't do anything. I think I had 1 or 2 survive and grow up in my tank over the years, but otherwise the rest of the fish would pick them off.

Matt5888

AC Members
Oct 16, 2013
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif] Pseudotropheus Demasoni is there proper name ![/FONT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store