120 Gallon Dutch/Nature style hybrid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantbrain

AC Members
Apr 27, 2001
Davis, CA
www.BarrReport.com
I noticed I had not shown folks on this site much.

Filter side view

A reineckii mini. I have pruned off any raggy looking leaves, and the nice new side shoots, fill in nicely. This is the best way to prune this plant it seems. You can uproot and then replant the side shoots, but there's a little bit of delay as the plant establishes the root system, but that method is good if you need more or a larger area for planting. I just top of the taller stems from here and remove some older side leaves now.

Blood vomit, sort of like Belem hair grass almost if you allow it to fill in and grow thick. I'd hoped for something different look wise, but they sell well, I've had trouble finding an optimal location in this design for them also, they really need a long row, not what I have now.

UG continues to do even better in this version of the 120 Gallon redone. If I were to focus more on nature style, I'd use this plant mostly along with Mini pellia/Ricciacardia, mini Myrio, maybe the Rotala mini butterfly.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Can we really be surprised that he has such an amazing tank? I think not, I mean given who's tank it is.

This is definitely a visual delight. Bravo!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Can we really be surprised that he has such an amazing tank? I think not, I mean given who's tank it is.

This is definitely a visual delight. Bravo!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
This.

I looked at the pictures before i looked at the user and was like " that looks like Toms work " and sure enough! haha

always an absolute pleasure to see your work Tom.

-Sean

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
That tank would look much better with clown puke gravel in it. Where's the treasure chest with the airhose? No tank is complete without one of those.

So disappointing. ...

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Nice to see you posting again Tom.
as always your are truly amazing!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com