nudibranches and dinoflagellates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

humuhumunukunuk

Registered Member
Jan 27, 2014
08.-Live-dinoflagellates_DF.jpgBerghia_coerulescens_(Laurillard,_1830)_.jpgspan.jpg I've been toying with the idea of combining both biolumenescent dinoflagellates and nudibranches, specifically been looking at the berghia and spanish shawl i.e. flabellinia iodenea. I liked this idea because in my mind i see the nudibranches consuming the dinoflagellates and becoming luminescent while also leaving a trail of glowing water while they move around. i understand that the dinoflagellates may overpopulate and kill the nudibranches, i also think that the nudibranches may become aggressive towards each other. i just would love to know whether or not i will ever be able to realize this biolumenescent dream. so please if anyone has any advice I'm really not very knowledgeable and would love some advice as to how i can pull this off or the knowledge that it cant be done.

08.-Live-dinoflagellates_DF.jpg Berghia_coerulescens_(Laurillard,_1830)_.jpg span.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store