Best nano tank heaters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
What are the best heaters for small tanks? I'm thinking 2.5 gallon up to 5 gallon. I use these tanks for fry grow out tanks and sick tanks and the heaters they make for small tanks like this are mostly crap. I can't tell a lot from Amazon reviews either because no offense but most reviews are from desktop aquarium kits for goldfish and other inappropriate and ignorant (lack of knowledge, I'm NOT calling anyone stupid) use so I can't trust them.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It would probably be beneficial to say how much above room temperature you want to raise water temperature and if there are any budget concerns.

Hydor Theo heaters have worked well in my experience and can be found pretty cheaply, Cobalt Neo-Therms are pretty awesome, but you'll pay handsomely for that awesomeness.

Just remember to pay attention to the Δt of the heater you choose, and be sure to choose one that will not heat the water too much if it should stick on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store