Pet Smart pogostemon helferi Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Whats up guys,

I just bought some pogostemon helferi from Pet Smart, ive been trying to get my hands on this plant for a while but have always been put off by the price per crown here on the forums, so i broke down and got a pack from PetSmart with fingers crossed. This thread will be to keep you guys updated on my progress!

Thanks!

[video=youtube;NLiJBmLk5ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLiJBmLk5ws[/video]

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
What happened to all the hardscape and the baby tears?

Where you been man! clearly you arent subscribed to me on youtube :p

A combination of BGA algae and burrowing assassin snails killed my dwarf baby tear carpet. The Algae melted all the leaves and the snails made it up root and float and since dawrf baby tears have a horrible root system i couldnt get it to lay back down. The hardscape i took out to make room for more plants and so i could propagate the regular baby tears and S. Repens for the 110 gallon im starting soon. the 29 will be taken down once i get the 110 up and going

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
Oh. Sorry to hear about the dwarf baby tears, you purchased a fair amount of it.
I was trying to piece together the information from your youtube videos lol (would have been better if I subscribed and been updated ). It is good to have a tank to propagate cuttings and it seems like the regular baby tears are liking the set up.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I just watched the video and man that 29gal looks completely different. Sorry about the algae issue. Algae is like the potholes of the hobby- you try to avoid it but eventually youll hit one LOL! Anyways i subbed and hope to see some more videos.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Alright guys, a little bit of an update.

they have been in the tank for two full days, and its kinda hard to tell yet what they are doing. Look for yourself and tell me what you think!

2014-01-31141810_zps20a9a2b3.jpg

2014-01-31141810_zps20a9a2b3.jpg

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Every plant I've purchased so far in those bags at chains stores have gone through a transition while they adjust to submersed growth with the exception of Staurogyne repens that one didn't seem to care. So you are probably experiencing the same thing a good week or so should tell you should be able to see new growth by then.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep, I've had TopFin or Petco plants take many months to take-off.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I agree, probably will takes weeks not days to see progress with plants. But that's one awesome tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store