Sizes and Prices of Angel fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Does any one know where I can get a chart showing the different sizes of Angels/and the going price for Each size. I have most of the different sizes and would like to find the price I can sell them for.
Thanks

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
The price is going to be different depending on where you live. California alone will have 4 or 5 different price ranges, Chicago will have another, new York another, and Florida will be something else. If you live outside the USA then again it will be something else altogether.

There's no real set price. You should check out your local CraigsList and your lfs to get an idea of what you should expect to get.

EDIT: Also different color morphs will go for different prices depending on availability and demand in your area.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The first thing would be how you're going to sell them... locally or through shipping.

If you're going to ship, then Aquabid might give you an idea. If locally then as above it really depends where you are, and if you're going to sell as unsexed juvies, adults, proven pairs, show fish, etc.

there are lots and lots of variables, if you're going for the higher end or showier fish, then what's currently 'trendy' will be a big issue as well.

Probably your best bet will be to look at the market where you'd plan to sell.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
A fish is only worth what someone is willing to pay. There a guy a few towns over from me trying to selling his normal angels at show fish prices and no one wants them because of the price.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
at local fish club auctions, bags full of baby/juvenile angels will routinely be sold for a few dollars, just because there are so many of them.

If you have better than average angels, growing them out somewhat, with a good quality diet will really benefit.. As will good photography skills if you plan to sell online :)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
There are a lot of variables that go into determining the price.

size (dime, nickel, quarter) are often terms used to describe the young angels.
young angels are less than adults(in general)
species has quite a bit to do with the pricing (P. Scalare(there is also dumerilii/eimeklei) vs P. Altum vs P. Leopoldi)

within the P Scalare there are also bred varieties that can demand more $ .. also involved is grading of the hatch. (based on flaws)
there are also different Scalare , red shouders, Peru(false altum) etc that are also more desirable and usually more money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store