Holiday tank decor?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Would you decorate your tank with holiday themed decor?

• yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • no

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Moleliminator

Registered Member
Jan 31, 2014
Shelbyville, KY
Is there anyone that would decorate their aquarium with Halloween and/or Christmas themed decorations? We've been asked to invest in a line of such and would like to get a feel for the market from aquarium enthusiasts. Thanks for any positive or negative replies.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I personally wouldnt because i like the look and feel of a naturally scaped tank ( i.e- rocks, driftwood, plants, leaf litter, etc). Also because i hate halloween and im not a big fan of christmas either.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I asked my 9 y.o. daughter who is the "owner" of our main tank about this a few months ago. She said NO! She wants a tank that looks natural.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
FYI, our Petsmart still has a clearance on these items!

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
FYI, our Petsmart still has a clearance on these items!
Ditto

Submersible Christmas tree with little LED lights would be pretty cool, though

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
my tanks are decorated usually based on biotope theme

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
I wouldn't put anything like that in mine unless it was like glabe said an LED xmas tree, but it would have to be cheap.

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
Tough question. What is the best selling decoration item? I would guess it is the treasure chest or the skeleton that lifts the rum or something like that. Millions of units have sold over the decades. An interesting follow up poll on this site would be: how many members would purchase either of these items (or whatever the best selling item is) in the next 12 months? I would venture to guess you would still get close to 0%.

This may not be the right place to test for customer response for retail ready decorations.

I, too go through great lengths to make my tanks look as natural as possible and have a lot of fun with my own DIY projects.

Moleliminator

Registered Member
Jan 31, 2014
Shelbyville, KY
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to give your opinions and advice. It's good to know that even a child would say no when others thought they might be the best market. And I have noticed that these forums are dominated by the very serious aquariumist, and yes I know that's not a word but I thought it was funny. I thought the wife had already checked Petsmart but I will take another look. Thanks again to all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store