Suggeations...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
So, this is the redo on the 2.5 gallon tank I had after my betta passed away. I'm still trying to level all the parameters and such out... The only things in there are: a slab of quarts, some strange rock(hasn't given problems and is inert), anubias congensis and that little black spot is a black widow that tried to assassinate me during a water change... I just took it out xD I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what plants would make this look better? I may change the rock formation and I'm upgrading the lighting within the next two days. Any help is always appreciated as I am a newbie... Thank you!!

uploadfromtaptalk1391577539409.jpg

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Here's a different view of the tank. I may be changing the rocks around tomorrow. Just looking for ideas on what kind of plants would go well here xD Low-light plants would be ideal and plants that don't grow over a foot in height.. I kinda want to make it into a little jungle. That'd be really cool. The temperature seems to sit at 74F all throughout the day.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Maybe I missed it, but what are you planning on adding as stock? That makes a big difference on how dense you can go with plants in a tank this small. If it's still RCS like we talked about before, go for it! Dwarf sag would likely fill the tank floor in no time. There isn't room for a bunch because you need to allow some swimming space if there are going to be fish in there. 2.5 gallons isn't much... maybe a few male guppies? I like the RCS idea better, but be sure you have a second tank ready or someone to send them to... they are rather prolific!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Yeah, it's just going to be the RCS! I'm gonna save raising the livebearers until I set up my 55 gallon xD And thanks, I was thinking dwarf sag as well for a thick carpet. What about background plants?

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Yeah, it's just going to be the RCS! I'm gonna save raising the livebearers until I set up my 55 gallon xD And thanks, I was thinking dwarf sag as well for a thick carpet. What about background plants?
Since its such a small tank you need to think small. How about you make a lot of moss trees as a back ground? It would make the effect of an open field with a tree line... To some extent.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
That could work as well.. I could go out and probably find some smaller hardscape and a few driftwood pieces. Would flame or java look better for a tree look?

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
That could work as well.. I could go out and probably find some smaller hardscape and a few driftwood pieces. Would flame or java look better for a tree look?
Ask Zorro, he has a few moss trees i believe.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
What would you do, ktrom? :p Upgrade the tank for more space? Or stick with what you have? And how would you aquascape it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store