updated pics of my two "20H's"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I haven't posted pick of these tanks in over a year so here's some updated stuff: The pics with the red crypts and the red ludwigia has a new Beamworks 10k/actinic LED lamp on it (more details later). It is in my daughters room.

The one with the green crypts and the green luwigia has an old twin tube fixture with two T-8 lamps in it (6500k). It's in my son's room. I want to eventually get the same LED fixture for his tank that I have on my daughters.

Any questions -- ask away!

ROY

Attachments

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Are those pygmy chain swords up front? Everything looks great!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
blyxa japonica - I love the grassy look of chain swords but this is just as nice (if not more so) and it's so much more manageable than a chain sword

Last edited:

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Well... How can I get some of that from you, sir? :) It looks so nice!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I just split it and sent a bunch of it to Meximan. As soon as it's ready to be split again I will definitely hook you up

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
looks great, they both look way larger than a 20H..

two small points of constructive criticism.

1. Get a black background. the wall behind a tank is never a suitable background., equally a background that has graphics on it is equally not a suitable background. IMO, solid black or white.

2. When you take pictures of your beautiful tanks, turn the flash off. Wait till night and have all the room lights out and then take the pictures, they will come out much better!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I appreciate your points Sean. I have plans to get a black background - I've just never gotten around to it. To your second point, the camera is new and apparently it's a "high end" Nikon. My wife got it to take quality action shots of my daughter's gymnastics action - I'm struggling to learn how to use it!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A little crowded for me, but they look awesome!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Thanks Bob. I am sending a bunch of the Ludwigia and some of the crypts out to my brother so that will thin hings out a little but I'm waiting for the temps to jump up a little before I do so. I don't want him to just get a box of mush.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store