Conflicting Info on Plecos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I am looking into getting a rubberlip/rubbernose/bulldog Pleco for my 20 gallon but there is SO much conflicting info. I have a bristlenose in my other tank so i am familiar with the overall care of plecos. I keep my tank at 77 degrees Fahrenheit, And I am running a 35 gallon sponge. I will be upgrading to a 40 long this summer, Already have the tank just need to pull it back out. I of course will be getting some driftwood for the tank when i get the Pleco.

Is there anything I am overlooking? I may have forgotten to mention some things. Even information on their size varies ...

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Agree with Mgammer, plecos are pretty easy to care for - food and clean water. A cave for each adult male is a must. That covers the basics. If you have specific questions, ask away. Good luck.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Agree with Mgammer, plecos are pretty easy to care for - food and clean water. A cave for each adult male is a must. That covers the basics. If you have specific questions, ask away. Good luck.
You mean at least one sex cave per male.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
THANK YOU !!!! I had not even found that site

My only problem now is tank size :) I did not see it on that site

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
THANK YOU !!!! I had not even found that site

My only problem now is tank size :) I did not see it on that site
There are several species commonly called Rubberlip, varying in size. Some also need cooler water, or flowing currents, so keep that in mind. Also remember that these fish are waste factories, so the larger the tank for this reason alone, the better.

Byron.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store