50G+ Tall Pentagon Tank Project.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nuro

AC Members
Oct 26, 2010
I am looking to set up a new tank and I'm having a bit of trouble with a few things.

The first is I can not find the a tank. Maybe I'm being too picky but I want a 50+ gallon pentagon tank. I can find these no problem, but I want a tall tank. Preferably 30+ inches tall. Does anyone know of a store that I can find it in or am I going to end up making one?

The second problem is lighting. I know that a taller tank will require more light, especially if it's planted. It's easy enough to get some T5 HOs but I want to simulate the natural light cycle as best as I can. I have seen some timers for reptile tanks that may work but I'm not sure. Do those style timers have a gradual on/off and will it work with T5 HOs?

Lastly, filtering. I plan on getting a Fluval 406 or something similar, I want to over filter. I also want to polish the hell out of the water. I will just be stocking it with Tetras, Danios and the like so the fish don't require pristine water but I would prefer it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good polish filter or can I replace some of the media in the fluval with polishing media?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store