plant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
I would say that is Hygrophila polysperma, assuming you mean the stem plant at the front in the photo.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Byron, RG and I just had a conversation about this. I suggested she mention where it came from. It came from a local lake near Victoria, BC. It looks like a Hygro to me too. We are lucky to have a plant expert like you around :)

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Byron, RG and I just had a conversation about this. I suggested she mention where it came from. It came from a local lake near Victoria, BC. It looks like a Hygro to me too. We are lucky to have a plant expert like you around :)
When was it collected? And which lake [I used to live in Victoria]?

H. polysperma is not legal in many US states, because it has been introduced to native waterways (esp in Florida, Texas and Virginia) and it is on the federal noxious weed list, and banned in many states. I believe it is still obtainable in Europe. I haven't seen it since the early 1980's. I don't know if it might take hold in Victoria's climate. But there might be a more temperate species in the genus; The Plant List has 160 listed species of which 28 are confirmed distinct.

Russian_Girl

AC Members
Jan 7, 2014
It was from a lake in Nanaimo (a little further up-island than victoria) In a lake called holden lake.

Thanks for the help ^.^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store