discus whte poop

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cordeiro98

Registered Member
Feb 8, 2014
I have a discus with what looks like white string poop. I have been told it a parisite and to treat with metro and some other meds. I have also been told it constipation because there seems to be gas bubbles in the poop that's hangin before it falls. He also is not eat much and his color has gonna dark. What do i do .......... his belly is not bloated, so not sure why it would be constipation. There is also other fish in the tank and there all looking fine even other discus. i was gonna do a salt treament on him to see if it helps but not sure how much salt to use and treatment time in the salt

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Sounds like it has intestinal parasites. I've had good luck with API's General Cure.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Discus are prone to an internal parasite called Hex(hexamita) these have been associated with the stringy white poo.
the recommendation to use parasite clear or general cure should work ( prazipro and metro in combination) for this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store