Name that fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yeehaw

Registered Member
Jan 1, 2014
Reliance, Tennessee
Found these in a hole-in-the-wall LFS - no need to discus shape of the place - were donors from somewhere else, no ID, were in tank filled with Firemouths. No battle scars. $3/ea.
unknown.png

unknown3.png

unknown2.png

They strike me as African, wife says Amazon Basin, I don't know. Google is killing me with millions of possibles, none found yet.
Little help?
;)

unknown.png unknown2.png unknown3.png

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron

Yeehaw

Registered Member
Jan 1, 2014
Reliance, Tennessee
Thank you!
That's one I've never had any experience with - should be interesting.
on a side note: water change today, we have a missing firemouth... too big to be eaten, yeah how many places can they hide in a 55G? Let's find out.
;)

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Pic #3 looked very familiar, and it was bugging me. Lol this is why. Darn photobombs.

uploadfromtaptalk1391971578392.jpg

Yeehaw

Registered Member
Jan 1, 2014
Reliance, Tennessee
Found male firemouth-> no battle scars, possibly run to death. Female firemouth had picked on him, then Kribs pushed him out of his hiding place. Can a fish looked scared? He did.
kk, water change, total wipe of territories, creation of 5/6 new ones to pick over. Let the games begin.
Side note: Tight leash, all my posts must be approved yada. When does that drop?
Background on tank: Restarted hobby with free 55G setup on CL from an insurance office, had one Angelfish and one cory survivors. Ensured cycle and switched one loud pump with a smaller Penguin 200 bio-wheel (will switch out other with same after a month or so breaking in). Angelfish was murdered by another Angelfish, back to LFS. Currently 1 firemouth, the Kribs, 5 tiger barbs, 2 serpea, and 5 cories. Suggestions are welcome (I hate the gravel too).

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Found male firemouth-> no battle scars, possibly run to death. Female firemouth had picked on him, then Kribs pushed him out of his hiding place. Can a fish looked scared? He did.
kk, water change, total wipe of territories, creation of 5/6 new ones to pick over. Let the games begin.
Side note: Tight leash, all my posts must be approved yada. When does that drop?
Background on tank: Restarted hobby with free 55G setup on CL from an insurance office, had one Angelfish and one cory survivors. Ensured cycle and switched one loud pump with a smaller Penguin 200 bio-wheel (will switch out other with same after a month or so breaking in). Angelfish was murdered by another Angelfish, back to LFS. Currently 1 firemouth, the Kribs, 5 tiger barbs, 2 serpea, and 5 cories. Suggestions are welcome (I hate the gravel too).
Be watchful of the Tiger Barb and Serpae Tetra. Both of these should never be housed with sedate or long-fin fish (i.e., angels) as they are prone to fin nip. This can sometimes be curtailed with larger groups, 8 or more, but still risky.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store