Anybody ever use these?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allathlete5

AC Members
Jan 16, 2014
I've never used them personally, but I've only heard really good things about the beamswork led's!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Just a few weeks ago I mail-ordered a beamswork 48" 6500K LED for my 75g from aquatraders. Nice fixture. Hasn't burned the house down.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
i thought par and lux were used for leds. lumens per gallon being more accurate than the antiquated watts/gallon.
Generally but I've yet to see a cheap fixture using the .01 watt led's that put out good stats. Finnex does ok with the .01's but their 36" fixture also uses 288 of them.

atreis

AC Members
Nov 24, 2013
SW Ohio
I use one on my 40g. Very nice light. It keeps low light plants happy in my tank (Java Fern, Anubias).

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
The wattage of the LEDs matters in terms of the intensity of the actual LED itself, but you cannot use the old Watts/Gallon measure with LED or even new fluorescent tubes. PAR is a better indicator. You really have to take a lot of things into consideration which makes it hard to choose based on stats alone. That's why I prefer to DIY lights, because I have total control. However, there are good out of the box solutions out there. Read reviews and ask people who actually use them in the way you intend to.

Stidham

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Visit site
I've got it and really like the amout of light it puts off. Like I said above it's going to a non planted tank. So I should be good. I'll post pics when i start setting it up. I have permission of the CEO (wife) to have the new tank and the 55 both up in the living room :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store