EBay Co2 kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
uploadfromtaptalk1392515829991.jpg
Has anyone used this product? Or can you suggest something simular state side?

this message was sent using the pony express.

uploadfromtaptalk1392515829991.jpg

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I know there are DIY options, but this looks nice since it has a gauge and is reusable. But if someone knows anything about this or something better please share.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
you may have better luck posting a link, rather than a screenshot.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
not sure how long the mixture of acid and baking powder would work, which would be my main concern.. That and how big of an aquarium you were planning to use it on.

personally I'd be looking on craigslist for a used CO2 tank + regulator

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
A 20L. I was trying to avoid the cost of full blown Co2 setup, but I don't want plastic bottles sitting around the tank. Where the tank will be, it has no place to hide it.

twillis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2013
I have a diy I use on my 45gl. If you have somewhere under the tank you can store the system you can just use a longer hose to get the co2 into the tank. Seems like a good Idea for someone who wants a diy co2 system but doesn't want to build all of the components or just wants something with a cleaner look.

Another cheap non diy you may want to look into is the small fluval co2 systems. Its not the greatest but for the price I it works good enough. Its $25 on amazon I think, pretty expensive in stores. I also ordered a better diffuser with it for around 10 bucks. They also charge a ton for the 20g co2 refills, its around $15 for 3. However you can order 16g THREADED co2 cartridges off ebay for around $1-$2 each or buy a converter to use a larger refillable paintball gun co2 container. I'm not sure how well it would work for a 20gl, but it works great for my 10. Again this is not the greatest co2 system, but I really like it. I didn't want another diy with my nano and I wasn't ready to spend the money on a good system. They also have a slightly larger system for around $50, but Im not sure there is a way around buying their co2, besides possibly doing the larger refillable paintball gun tank adapter.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Thanks twillis. I will give them a look. I might do a Joey DIY setup...Idk, I just don't want to shell out big money again for another tank just yet...

twillis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2013
Also keep in mind you don't have to use soda bottles if your doing a complete diy. You can spend just a few extra bucks and get some kind of containers that look a little nicer. I thought about making one out of a beer growler, that way it could still be a little decorative if it had to sit in the open somewhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store