Issue- Could have several causes but how to cure?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bunnybear

AC Members
Feb 17, 2014
So I have a 13g wide with two live plants, 5 neon tetras, a Japanese bamboo algae shrimp and a betta. I just recently got the betta and added him to the tank- he's doing fine with the others, I've had no problems with him. When I got him, the shop owner gave me a sample of Repashy super-food Shrimp Souffle because I was interested in the concept and he's just a nice guy! But anyways, I got home and made some of it and put some in there, and more when the piece was gone(I started with small pieces) and since then, it probably been 4-5 days, I've noticed small flowing things on the front glass of my tank! Someone said it sounded like Hydra so I looked it up and it does kind of look like hydra, BUT they are soooo small and there's TONS of them! My water is kind of cloudy too. I think it's because of the new food but not sure anymore as I read that hydra can be eliminated by adding salt to the water which I hadn't done my last two water changes. My betta really likes the repashy food so I want to keep feeding it, and my neons are starting to like it also. But what can I do about the things on the glass? The cloudy water? I just changed my filter cartridge today as I noticed the cloudy water and I checked it and it was super dirty and plugged up. Help please?! Thanks!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
water changes.. first place to start.

also check your parameters..
is it cloudy white? how long has the tank been running?

bunnybear

AC Members
Feb 17, 2014
I've had the tank set up since just before dec. 25 so probably the 23? The cloudy is more yellowish. Now that I'm looking at it it's not all that cloudy per-say, more just tinted yellow which is why I think its the food. I checked the water the other day and the nitrite was a bit high I think and the nitrates I think were too but everything else was fine. Going to check ammonia later today.

bunnybear

AC Members
Feb 17, 2014
I've had the tank set up since just before dec. 25 so probably the 23? The cloudy is more yellowish. Now that I'm looking at it it's not all that cloudy per-say, more just tinted yellow which is why I think its the food. I checked the water the other day and the nitrite was a bit high I think and the nitrates I think were too but everything else was fine. Going to check ammonia later today.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store