Temporary monster tank divider

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
Need suggestions on how to put a temporary divider in my tank. <br />
i would like to divide temporarily my tank in 2. <br />
to give my arowanas less pace when i comm them. <br />
<br />
My tank is 8x2.5x2.5 feet. I would like to use only half when i mix my big arowanas together. <br />
i have acrylic dividers<br />
<br />
<br />
my problem is still how to hold the dividers, Suction dont last as my tanks glass get algae. <br />
any suggestions how to hold the dividers firmly in place??
I specially need this as one pair formed and terrorizing the others

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I've used metal grid shelves (the white painted kind) to divide a 55 gal. The tank had fairly deep gravel, so I was able to wedge the bottom down into the gravel. The shelf was a bit wider than the tank, so the divider was angled. My fish weren't that big, so I didn't worry about them moving it. Maybe big rocks to keep them from moving it?

wren

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
I've used metal grid shelves (the white painted kind) to divide a 55 gal. The tank had fairly deep gravel, so I was able to wedge the bottom down into the gravel. The shelf was a bit wider than the tank, so the divider was angled. My fish weren't that big, so I didn't worry about them moving it. Maybe big rocks to keep them from moving it?

wren
Thanks my tank is bare buttom and i removed any decorations to give them more swimming space. Im also unable to use egg crate as they might cause damage to my arowanas barbel :)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store