my 20g Set-up plus stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I think I posted about my 20g, but can't find the post. But I had the tank running for 2 months now and no issues. It's lightly planted, wanting to add some more plants for background and maybe for floating plants as well.

Here's what I'm running on the tank:
Marineland 100 Penguin Bio-wheel (from my old 10g)
Aquoen Quitflow 30 (don't like it as much)
T8 20" bulb 18k, growing my medium light plants very well. I have shots coming from my one Sword.
100w heater

I use sand for the substrate. Natural river rocks and driftwood with Moss.

As for my stocking for this tank:
Kribensis Pair, Already have fry. Only had these guys for 2 weeks now.
10 Harlequin Rasboras, may add a few more.
4 Otos, Kribs leave them alone.
1 hillstream Loach I never been able to catch to rehome, so he stayed.
1 5" Bamboo Shrimp, He's just cool looking had to have one.
1 Panda platy, rehoming him for Swordtails.

IMG_2078.JPGIMG_2080.JPGIMG_2074.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG IMG_2080.JPG IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2074.JPG

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
I like your tank. I think most would say that it needs more plants, but I think It's a good balance for my tastes. Plants grow, and I think that the all green tanks have been done before. Just me though. I know I'm not in the norm on this.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I like your tank. I think most would say that it needs more plants, but I think It's a good balance for my tastes. Plants grow, and I think that the all green tanks have been done before. Just me though. I know I'm not in the norm on this.
I agree with this. I like it the way it is. But if you do want a tall plant maybe vals will work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
You lucked out with those kribs! My male would boss around everybody when my pair bred. I agree about the tall plants. It's money how you have it right now, but filling out the back left/center would be dope.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Well.. my male krib killed one of my 4 otos, and beat the crud out of my female krib.. so she may die tonight.. :[ I went to petco today and well 50% off all freshwater! I got 5 more rasboras and 6 guppies 2m/4f ... all my fish are in one corner.... :[

May look into some vals... Ones that grow easy.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Vals would work well, maybe some aponogetons/mystery bulbs that you get at wallmart. Some Giant Hygro would work well too

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I am surprised how well my plants are growing. The large plant in the back right was a bulb and was about 3" tall when planted into the tank a month ago. I may look for Vals since I like them. May order some later. May rescape the whole tank and see if I can find my female Krib...

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
You'll have to rehome the kribs, then. They don't stop once they've started killing other fish....personal experience here. Males beat the females mostly, then the role is reversed when the female spawns. She's hiding for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store