how to mount legs on my light

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lisa Beth

AC Members
Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

I just purchased a light fixture and do not know how to mount the legs. It is a dual bulb fixture. Thanks.

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
my answer will be as vague as your question.

glue, screws, duct tape, velcro, nails, silicone... take your pick

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
What Sean is trying to say is we need more info, say maybe a link to the light or pics. Personally I would hang it.

This message will self destruct in...1...2...3...

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have 2 different lights, both have grooves on the lamp for the legs to slide onto. If it has a clamp screw you can (probably) attach the legs to the tank frame, although I have to rest 1 on a glass lid, it doesn't quite reach

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Legs and lamps come in all different sizes as you can see here.

all-four-leg-lamps.jpg

We're going to need a few more details. Are we talking junior or queen sized?

all-four-leg-lamps.jpg

Lisa Beth

AC Members
Apr 3, 2007
Thanks everyone for trying to help. I bought the light used and the fixture does not have the name on it. The previous owner told me it is similar to the quad T5HO fixture. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the grooves, and was told that the were inside the light (not on the sides). I will see if I can upload a pic. Thanks again!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
The grooves run the length of the light housing, back & underneath on 1, more like a small lip along front & back edge on another. On yet another there are grooves on the bottom that I think are where legs would go if I had them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store