guppies dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Thena

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2014
I have a 20 gallon tank, with gravel substrate, few plants including hornwort (due to running high nitrate). I have or should i say, had several guppies, during the past 24 hours have lost 5 adults and numerous fry. after finding the first three dead, yesterday, with no apparent cause i did a 50% water change,added 1 1/2 tbs aquarium salt to the tank, then noticed a small "fuzzy" area on one of the males, i treated the tank with Tetra Fungus Guard, this morning i found another 2 dead and most of the fry not there. all the ones left are swimming at the top of the tank with exaggerated movements, put the carbon filter back in thinking i had a toxin.
water temp is 78 degrees, tank is 8 months old, but had the fish for the past 2 months with only occasional fatality
ammonia is 0
nitrite is 0
nitrate is 10ppm
ph is 6.4 (stable at that range)

what do i need to do to save the last 5, any help appreciated

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
I just responded to your other thread on this exact same issue. To keep an issue in one place, which is better for all of us, perhaps you could PM a moderator to merge the threads. B.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store