Goldfish Head Tumor Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Street_Hawk

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hi All,

I'm New here, and have a range of questions i would love to ask you experts out there. I will admit I'm a novice at Keeping Aquarium Fish so need your help and advice.

I have a 4FT Cold Water Fish tank with 8 Fish in the Tank. the fish are mixed Goldfish and Carp (Koi Carp & Ghost Carp). I have a 2000L 4 tier external Filter with spray bar and bubble wall to keep the water moving, and oxygen flowing through the water.

My Shubunkin gold fish is not well. one day a Lump appeared on the top of his head and over the course of many weeks has grown and hasn't stopped. this is worrying me as i adore my fish and i have no idea why his poorly. i have carried out water tests for ammonia & nitrate in the water and the levels have been acceptable. i have cleaned the tank, gradually over the course of 5 weeks replaced the water in the tank by carrying out 20% water changes each week.

Treatments applied...

"Tape Safe" water treatment applied.
"Stress Zyme" after moving ornaments around in the tank, (removing and cleaning gravel).
"Disease Safe" treatment applied to the tank
" Swim Bladder" Treatment has also been used on one occasion after a fish died a couple of months back after trying the fish on a different food.

I'm not fully Forum Savvy but ill try to upload a picture of my sick fish and the tank which is his home..

I've witnessed strange behaviour with my fish and have no idea why or what causes them to huddle together at the bottom of the tank and sleep. my Shubukin is doing this a lot since (what i can only describe to be as a Tumor) has appeared and grown. however my other fish that don't have tumor and seem well also huddle together with him. perhaps they know his not well and are some how aware of this and giving him some comfort...lol i honestly don't know. (ill try to upload pictures of this).

View attachment 211719View attachment 211720View attachment 211721View attachment 211722

View attachment 211723

any idea's clues, insight to what is happening inside my fish tank would be much appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store