Realtime ammonia meter!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I saw the Seachem's Ammonia Alert continuous reader at Petsmart today and couldn't resist buying it! Didn't know there was such a thing until today. Has anyone used this before? The big question is is it accurate? It seems better than API's test kit because it can show 0.02ppm to 0.05 ppm shift. I'm going to use it in my tiny QT tank when I get more fish in it. Best part, it says it's good for a whole year!

Amm1.jpg

Here it is in my tiny 2.5G "QT". Tiny tank = large unpredictable swings right?

Amm2.jpg

I love these gadgets!

Amm1.jpg Amm2.jpg

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Dude! I wanna see how that works... in your tank :) Let us know!

Loach guy

Loach guy
Dec 20, 2013
Michigan
Real Name
Scott
I have used a similar one that showed readings of Ammonia, PH, and temp. I checked it to my test kit and seemed spot on, although the temp on my thermometer disagreed by one degree. The one that I bought was only good for a month though, but it really came in handy while cycling my tank. It really makes the process easier. I just looked at that thing until my ammonia levels started coming down, then stated checking my nitrites, and nitrates. If they came up with a placard for that, it'd REALLY simplify things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store