help with diagnosis and treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neptune555

AC Members
Nov 18, 2013
I have an established 50 gallon planted freshwater tank. It has 2 HOB fluval filters running pads and carbon. I am not dosing CO2. Lighting: LEDs 2 foot / 2 40 watt daylight bulbs. Tank parameters...GH 120 / KH 80 / PH 7.5 / Nitrite 0 / Nitrate 30 / Ammonia 0 / .

Fish in tank:
1 black knife fish
3 black mollies
3 clown loaches
1 betta
1 blue dwarf gourami

After adding the 3 clown loaches to the tank I noticed an outbreak of ich. I began treatment immediately with salt and heat. Over 2 + days I added one tablespoon salt per 5 gallons of water and increased the temperature to 82. A few more ich spots appeared on the clowns and maybe two spots on the black mollies and then the illness retreated totally. Treatment started on Feb 20. Can I end the ich treatment now? It says 10 - 14 days...?

BUT I have noticed a few other issues that I want to diagnose?
I have 3 black mollies. The male after about day 3 of treatment with salt NEVER opens his fins on top? It seems to be white? A female Molly is bent.. and swimming with her tail pointing down and fins can not open? The Betta had white poop yesterday but looks fine and his fins are wide open and flowing beatifully?

If I can stop my ich treatment today I can do a massive water change. BUT will that help my mollies? since they like salt the most I am wondering why they are the most uncomfortable with this treatment? Do I also have a bacterial infection? I am unclear what this is? The fins are clamped and I see some white coloration on the clamped fin.

I do have a hospital tank and think I could catch the molly?? If I do take them out what would I treat with? I have prazi for my saltwater fish?

Neptune...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store