Got some Subwassertang!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I've wanted this plant for awhile, and since I've got a shrimp tank I thought I would get some now. From what I've read I thought this plant grows in long, sprawling pieces. But it comes in clumps of 1 to 2 inch long pieces. Looks like you have to keep it bunched up and let it grow intertwined so it doesn't all separate. I used fishing line to hold the bunch together for now. It sinks, so that's nice. It has a nice green color. Shrimps seem to like it!

1.JPG

Here's a close-up

2.JPG

I had a little extra, hope my Multis don't mind ...

4.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Wanna trade that extra bit for something? I am interested in that plant. Is it a moss? Is it a plant? Is it algae? I looks so unusual like seaweed salad in a fish tank haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I'm planning to put it my main tank after a QT period. If it grows well I may send you some! Does look like seaweed. I think its considered a plant.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Is the growth rate similar to java moss?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Not really compared the 2,

but if you mean a slow growth rate, then sure. :)

OBlitzO

AC Members
Sep 12, 2012
Up-state New York
I have some of that in my red cherry shrimp tank. It grows very slowly. It will attach itself to driftwood or rocks if its tied or wight down on it. Or you can just leave it like it is, up to you. I love the seaweed look of it.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I have tons of it..love the stuff.. but I toss it I have so much..

I discovered while it is tolerant of low light that in sufficient light it grows like a wed ..albeit slow compared to other plants till one day you notice it's all over the tank

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I'm planning to put it my main tank after a QT period. If it grows well I may send you some! Does look like seaweed. I think its considered a plant.
Sweet! I bet my shrimp would love that! I've got 3 berried female RCS, so I'm about to have quite a colony. I'm interested to see how it does in your tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store