My 29 gallon tank setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
So this is my 29g. Also my first full on planted tank xD

The plants include:
Amazon sword
TONS of Water Wisteria
Couple of jave ferns
Anubias Congensis
Anubias Nana
Java Moss
And a marimo moss ball
(Thanks to ZorroNet for most of the plants!! :D)

Fish are:
Veiltail Betta(Arthur)
(7)Neon Tetra
(2) African Dwarf Frogs
(3) Otocinclus
A mystery snail
And a billion other various baby snails!

Size: Standard 29g
Lighting: Stock hood with 1 20w 6500k GE daylight bulb
Heater: 100w top fin..? I don't remember.
Filtration: An aqueon rated for a 30 gallon (can't remember the name, but upgrading it soon)
Sunstrate: Pool filter sand
Decor: A few driftwood pieces, various river stons embedded in the sand, and a couple of rocks where I tied the moss. (Thinking about changing the rocks once I can find some better looking ones)
And buddha... because I love him xD

Just thought I'd share :) I don't dose any ferts or co2 and my plants seem to do fine without them usually. I'm excited to see how this witeria grows out though! Any comments or suggestions on how I could fix the scaping are welcome and any constructive criticism is welcome! It helps me learn :)
Thank you for reading. Have a great day!!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Look good. Just watch out for the intake of the filter. Sometimes leaves get stuck on that. I like the buddha too :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Yeah, dude! I try to make sure to rinse of the intake every time I do a water change because food tends to get stuck on there as well xD Thank you! He brings a little peace to the tank :)

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Looks great! But would look even better with a black background. Just a piece of black posterboard taped on....easy and cheap. Will make it really pop!!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Looks great! Hard to believe I got all that in a small flat rate box! LOL!

I think the only thing I am not crazy about is that one rock that's up on its edge on the right side. It looks kinda unnatural. If you laid it down flat and then propped one end up on another rock, it would make a little snail cave and look more realistic. Think ancient ruins for Buddha :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Looks great! Hard to believe I got all that in a small flat rate box! LOL!

I think the only thing I am not crazy about is that one rock that's up on its edge on the right side. It looks kinda unnatural. If you laid it down flat and then propped one end up on another rock, it would make a little snail cave and look more realistic. Think ancient ruins for Buddha :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Why didn't I think of that?! Great suggestion, dude :) I'll get to it once my fish are a little more comfortable... they seem a little stressed. And thanks again for the plants, man!! Pretty much planted my entire tank in a small box!! Lol!
Oh! And something has given birth in my tank... there are eggs on the water sprite but I have no idea what did that.. it's new for me xD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store