Help with parasites

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ppetropulo

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Colorado
Hi! I've had a pair of Celebes Halfbeaks for a little over 2 weeks now. When I first put them into the tank, they were completely healthy, past some torn fins. Now though both of them have inflammation around the anus and the whole area is generally red. They defecate in thin, white tubes. I believe that they have internal parasites from the dealer. I need to know if there are any anti-parasitic foods you could recommend? And where I could find these foods? I don't want to do a water treatment, as I'd rather have it in the fish. Thanks!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
angels plus sell medicated flake , including anti parasite flake

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Ken's sells medicaded foods, has very good prices and turn around time.

I would use pamethrisol.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
pamethrisol????
btw, Kens , at last check.. sells primarily metronidazole laced foods...while it is effective , technically metrondazole is an anti bacterial . that has proven effects on some parasitic protozoa.
it is often used with Praziquantel , this combo has proven pretty effective at combating many gut issues in fish.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Jim
the most effective way to delivery meds is in the food..but in extreme cases the fish may not be eating so it can be used as a bath.

rather than soak the food I prefer to purchase the flake that is already treated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store