Are cherry barbs compatible with a honey gourami ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Can I put 6 cherry barbs with 1 honey gourami in my current tank? I have 5 Cardinal Tetras and a nerite snail in a 20 gallon high fish tank. My last 2 corydoras habrosus died :-(

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Can I put 6 cherry barbs with 1 honey gourami in my current tank? I have 5 Cardinal Tetras and a nerite snail in a 20 gallon high fish tank. My last 2 corydoras habrosus died :-(
Yes. I am assuming it is fairly well planted.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I too would say yes.

PS--Sorry about those Corys. Still sad. :(

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
ou shouldn't have a problem.s ae mid-water dwellers and the gourami will control the top of the tank. Always keep in mind, when it comes to any gourami there is always a crazy one out there just waiting to go home with you.

SirMuffin

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
I would be worried about the barbs nipping the fins but if the tetras have done fine then you should be good.

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
Yes. I am assuming it is fairly well planted.
I too would say yes.

PS--Sorry about those Corys. Still sad. :(
ou shouldn't have a problem.s ae mid-water dwellers and the gourami will control the top of the tank. Always keep in mind, when it comes to any gourami there is always a crazy one out there just waiting to go home with you.
Now that is very funny, but so true !
I would be worried about the barbs nipping the fins but if the tetras have done fine then you should be good.
Thank you all for your responses! Yeah still sad about the cories. I haven't bought either the cherry barbs or the honey gourami.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store