Plant ID Crypt please.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
This was sold at a LFS as Crypt blassii but none of the profiles with picture look similar to the marking on this plant.

It was already going through serious Crypt melt when I bought it and this is one of the only leaves still standing

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It does look like Blassii, but not 100% sure. Need to see "new" leaves after it grows. Remember= Crypts look different when grown above water or sometimes in different water.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
With most crypts its very difficult to positively ID without seeing the flower or "spathe". It could be any of a number of similar looking species.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think I had blassii at 1 time. As I recall it had red undersides & wider looking leaves. Hard to tell, but there are no ugly crypts IMO. I like the speckly leaf on yours.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
I'm pretty sure another reason why it was mislabeled was because they did actually have the C. blassii in another tank that was just solid colors. This one reminds me of the waterlemon skin. New leaves coming in are keeping the pattern but much smaller. Once I have enough to spare I'll pass it on to our club president he does a lot of emersed growth.

Thanks for the assist.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store