Please help me identify this plant!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gregm61881

Registered Member
Dec 27, 2011
I have a plant I cant identify. If you can help, I would appreciate it!

Its about 8" tall with 1" wide leaves. There is almost no stem, all leaf. I cant find anything like it. I thought it was a small Sword but none of the swords have the same short stems that I can find. Its full grown. Ive had this plant for several years and it never gets taller.

Thanks for your help!

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Uruguayensis Sword ?

a better pic of where the stems come together might help too.

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Yes, seeing the crown of the plant (where the leaf petioles [stems] emerge upward and the roots downward) will help. And a larger image of the leaf itself perhaps? I can't see the vein structure clearly. But from the photo my first suggestion would be a species of Echinodorus (the common sword plants) and likely E. uruguayensis.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
It is definitely an Echinodors Sword. Not 100% sure which sword, but Bryon is pretty good. Probably Uruguayensis.

Gregm61881

Registered Member
Dec 27, 2011
Uruguayensis Sword ?

a better pic of where the stems come together might help too.
I think this might be the answer!I just looked up this Sword in various pics online and it matches size, leaf structure and base.

Thank you very much Dougall and everyone for your help!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Yes, I have had a couple of those 'Argentine" swords in my 40 gallon for a few years. Mine will top out at about 12 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store