Tank layout.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
I worked on setting my driftwood and setting up some slate caves in my new 65g.

Should I make my caves a little taller? That is the thing I can't decide on right now.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
What fish? If they're just like pleco's they may actually prefer short caves like that, if they're more tall fish than yeah those look a little short. Nice driftwood btw.

Nocturnus

AC Members
Feb 26, 2004
Central Texas
www.photo-mojo.net
Real Name
Ed
Camera Used
Canon 70d
Thanks, I was thinking about ordering a few more pieces and breaking them up.

I'll be doing Angelfish (I'll have either live or fake plants for them to hide in), Clown Loaches, and some type of tetras (prob Neons again). In my old 75g, the Neons really loved to hide in the caves I had in that tank. I could make a 2nd tier of caves, just need more slate.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Just a suggestion, if you are looking for specific use caves, you can easily hide some black PVC behind the driftwood and rock work. I use that set up for crayfish.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
My clowns sort of stick themselves where they can. They like bigger caves spread around to move throughout the tank securely, but also sleep in the tighter ones during the day, etc.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Clowns will eventually outgrow that tank. They get huge.

Mark

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
My clowns are 3 years old, easy, and are only 5". They've lived their whole lives in a 100g. Keep them in there until they're 4" and getting girth, easy.

Though, Mark, yes, they will outgrow it. It's a taller tank and clown loaches are natural darting swimmers along the bottom of the tank. My pair like to follow each other over the rocks and glide in and out of their million caves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store