From Northern California, Lookin for general Freshwater aquariums, Tropical fish.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Smallatt07

Registered Member
Mar 28, 2014
Redding, CA
Real Name
Steven Martin
Hello,
I have a 55gallon tank with adquate filtration and air circulation, a few live plants, a few artifical plants, a small bridge, a small banzi tree, a tree house, a large waterfall air structure, multi colored gravel mixed with agite rock from trinidad california, a couple boiled oyster shells for decoration, 1 Sailfin Pleco, 1 Albino Rainbow Shark, 1 Anglefish(had 2), 3 dwarf gourmi's, 6 neon tetras, 1 redfin tetra, 1 albino corycat(which turns out to be a bronze cory), 1 Green corycat, 1 featherfin corydora, and 1 albino dojo loach. I have had a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium for alittle over a year now, got the sailfin pleco, albino rainbow shark, redfin tetra, and albino cory when i got the tank. I grew up with aquariums everywhere in my house; we had 2 20 gallons, a bowfront 36 gallon, a tall 45 gallon and a 150 gallon all with a variety of tropical and chiclid communities (seperately ofcourse). I just recently got a 55 gallon tank and stand about 3 or 4 weeks ago, added the water from the 10 gallon tank along with 43 gallons of regular fauset water from the frontyard, treated it with EZ plus pH balance, water conditioner and clarifier. Recently, my green cory and albino cory started doing their mating dance so i secluded them with a tank divider to one side of the tank)about 10 gal tank size and proceeded to antagonize them to breed. The first batch of eggs turned into the fungus i read about, cleaned it out and treated the water. Round two- half of the eggs turned to fungus like the first batch, cleaned out the fuzzy ones and left the rest today. Now, here is where i'm stumped. after i was done with the egg removal i left about an hour later, and when i came home one of my anglefish was laying on the bottom of my tank, one side looks pail and de scaled and the other side was normal, not breathing or even attempting to breath or move. I removed it from the community and treated the water with a medication i used when i got ick and the chemicals i named above. I have no idea why it died; it had plenty of room, air/water circulation and filtration. Anyone and everyone's inputs and comments are welcome. i need to know if there is something in the water that caused its death and might cause others to die as well. Thank you for the help.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC! I moved your other thread on the subject to the General Freshwater Forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store