What happened?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
IMG_6566.JPGIMG_6567.JPGIMG_6593.JPG

These are the only pics I got of affected fish but they all had the same symptoms ... White faces, Staying around the top and death ... within 24 hours ... what could it be?

This was an established sorority ...

Surprisingly ... It only killed my bettas and plecos ... My angel and corydoras and shrimp are fine ...

IMG_6566.JPG IMG_6567.JPG IMG_6593.JPG

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I'd think the crustaceans and angel would have gone first...definitely a fungus, but I cannot tell which (glasses are dirty and I'm lazy). I can't suggest which but there is a fungus in your tank, I do believe.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Its been weeks since this hit ... Lost 2 bristlenose, 1 rubberlip, and 6 bettas ... Tank was overstocked but I was keeping up with water changes and such and planning to upgrade to a 40 long.

Since the initial die off I have not lost anything.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Fungus, then, or it would have nuked the whole tank :( sounds like whatever it is has been managed to me...I would still be wary. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I will not be adding anything to the tank ... I am unsure what to do with the fish ... I cant even use a net or bucket in the tank ... I cant risk cross contamination with the lotls ... And now my corydoras just laid silly cories didnt get the memo.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I will not be adding anything to the tank ... I am unsure what to do with the fish ... I cant even use a net or bucket in the tank ... I cant risk cross contamination with the lotls ... And now my corydoras just laid silly cories didnt get the memo.
Nets are cheap... I just got one for less than $2 at Walmart. Use it, and toss it when it's all over. If it is fungus, the eggs will likely not survive, so just count them as a loss, and if I'm wrong, then awesome!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I got some first bites just in case.

I dont drive ... SO I ordered a new net but it wont be here or a bit ...

Still having 3 nets, 3 buckets 3 o everything ... Is ridiculous ... How can I make sure that my tank is no longer carrying a fungus?

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Keep the new one for the other fish, since you've used the old one in the fungus tank already. If it's an emergency in the uninfected tank, bleach it and rinse thoroughly before use. As for buckets, I always have 2 buckets on hand... one marked dirty for dirty tank water and manual algae removal, and one marked clean only used for fresh water to be added to tanks. It's good practice to mark them, so there are no mix-ups.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I actually ... No net has been in the tank since it showed any signs of fungus ... Any floating fish were removed with a disposeable cup.

My buckets are 3 different colors. Ones for the ACF , ones are the lotls and the third is well ... retired ...

I have not used any net because every other day I have to net baby lotls and do 100% changes and I only have one net.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store