Corydoras Eggs? Need help ASAP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I think my Corydoras laid eggs ... as they and ramshorn are the only thing in the tank that lay eggs ...

How do I care for them? They look viable ...

I really want these little ones to hatch !!! This is my first time ever having fish lay.

Here are pictures ...

IMG_6738.JPGIMG_6737.JPGIMG_6735.JPGIMG_6734.JPGIMG_6733.JPGIMG_6737.JPG

IMG_6738.JPG IMG_6737.JPG IMG_6735.JPG IMG_6734.JPG IMG_6733.JPG

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Look like cory eggs to me! I had success by using a razor blade to scrape the eggs off the glass and placing them in a seperate tank. Otherwise they will usually eat them. Wait about 24 hours so the outside shell is a little hardened. I just set up a 10 gallon using tank water and a sponge filter. Did daily water changes. It was fun!!
Use the search feature and will you find other threads! Good luck!

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Yep those are cory eggs.

I roll mine off the glass with my fingertip and put them in a yogurt container 3/4 filled with water. I add a little acriflavin to prevent fungus (you can also use methylene blue) and an airstone.

I sit the yogurt cup on top the hood of my fish tank and change the water twice a day (morning and evening). Once they hatch and have absorbed their yolk sac I put them into a grow out tank and feed microworms and First Bites three times a day. After 1 week they are usually big enough to take freshly hatched baby brine shrimp (you can buy frozen BBS at your LFS). After 3 weeks they can take sinking tablets or Repashy food.

Andy

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I don't trust myself to remove them ...

Also they have been there for days I just never thought it was eggs I figured it was a group of ramshorn ... until I came in last night and they hadn't moved

Is there anything I can do to kinda section them off in tank? And how long do they take to hatch? I was not expecting eggs so I have nothing on hand

Sorry my phone makes googling difficult

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Btw the parents, a baby angelfish and two platies are all that's in this tank ... other than shrimp and ramshorn ( both of which I believe are herbivores)

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Watch out for the angelfish and platies. They might pick at them and eat them.

Good luck with the eggs! I hope you get them to hatch and watch them grow. I havent had the opportunity to watch fry grow and parents do their thing so im eager to watch this thread.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I may have to move those platies and angels ...

Will the corydoras eat the young? Is there any kind of netting I can put up? they can probably squeeze out of anything ...

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
If I move all the fish but the corydoras out ... do you think the babies will have a good chance at hatching? Every careguide I have read is talking about raising them in their own tank.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Even the parents will eat the fry. You need to remove everything if you want any to survive.

WRAragon

Rene
Jan 29, 2009
Mississippi
www.myspace.com
Look like cory eggs to me! I had success by using a razor blade to scrape the eggs off the glass and placing them in a seperate tank. Otherwise they will usually eat them. Wait about 24 hours so the outside shell is a little hardened. I just set up a 10 gallon using tank water and a sponge filter. Did daily water changes. It was fun!!
Use the search feature and will you find other threads! Good luck!
I've had success with the same method! I just can't get past a month or two with the fry.
Good luck! Keep us posted!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store