Python water changer questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Seahorse8383

AC Members
Feb 18, 2014
I bought a 50 ft python water changer a couple of months back. I have never used it because it does not fit on my faucet grrr.... Anyway before I sell it is there anyway for me to use this? Is there any kind of attachment I can buy? I would love not to have to haul buckets back and forth from my 135 gallon. Please help

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
Hello Mr. Horse,

Here are steps that work for the Python: http://www.wikihow.com/Attach-a-Garden-Hose-to-a-Kitchen-Faucet

670px-Attach-a-Garden-Hose-to-a-Kitchen-Faucet-Step-1.jpg

There are a couple similar versions of this but as Jason said, any hardware store will have them. Buy several and return what doesn't fit. I have a plastic one that must have cost $4 or less.

I use steps 1-4 with my python and 135g. I don't bother removing the adapter once I have finished. I leave it on all year.

Good luck.

670px-Attach-a-Garden-Hose-to-a-Kitchen-Faucet-Step-1.jpg

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
Like they said, there are usually adapters to fit most faucets for filling. As for draining, if you have a yard you don't even need to hook the python up! Stick the hose in the tank, the other end on the lawn, and use it as a normal siphon! To get it started, I close the valve, fill the tank end with water up to the closed valve, stick the hose in the tank and open the valve.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Until you get an adapter, it you faucet is too small, you can wrap a thin strip of duct tape around the faucet and thread the python onto that.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
there is also a python universal adapter available(basically a flexible hose with hose clamps with a threaded fitting for the python)

Seahorse8383

AC Members
Feb 18, 2014
Ok. Im definitely getting an universal adaptor. Also will duck tape really work for now?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yep, but sometimes you get a shower with the water change... :thumbsup:

Seahorse8383

AC Members
Feb 18, 2014
Will I also be able to remove water while usig the duck tape?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If sealed tightly, yes. But unless you have a height differential, (tank lower than the sink), it shouldn't be an issue. Why waste water to drain water? Just use the hose to drain out the nearest window, door or bathtub. Then use the Python to fill the tank up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store