New and need some help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shayRN78

AC Members
Apr 4, 2014
If this is double posted I apologize. I have a 25gal tank approximately 5mo old. My fish are dying. Ph6.0, NH3 0 , nitrite 0, N03 5. I have been doing partial water changes almost daily. My ph used to be in 7.0 range. I do have some plants (unknown what kind). I just want to keep guppies but if I keep killing them I will take down tank as I am frustrated!!! I have read crushed coral can help buffer tank to prevent Ph from dropping. Any advice welcome.

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
ya you definatley want to avoid pH crashes, as a Steady pH is ideal, I've never really worried much about pH since I dont breed fish and it being Steady is more important than the actual number itself.

http://www.tropical-fish-success.com/aquarium-ph.html I found this link to be pretty easily understood and gives some answers I think you are looking for

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
what are your water parameters from the tap? What kind of substrate are you using?

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

whitecatbite

AC Members
Apr 21, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Real Name
Auden
Hello!! Why are you doing water changes everyday? Is there a reason or are you just trying to keep it ultra clean? Live bearers also like their PH on the more alkaline side.. so above 7. Crushed coral would certainly make the PH higher. I would cut down on the water changes unless you are absolutely sure that they have an illness because the water changes may be doing more harm than good (too much for the fish, shocking etc...) Also!!! Is your tank heated? I hope that they stop dying soon :( I had that problem with guppies when I first started out keeping fish too it was really sad!! Sometimes they are just over-bred and they aren't super healthy in the first place and that could be your problem as well--depending on where you are getting them from??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store