Exodon Paradoxus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ninerfan

AC Members
Apr 4, 2004
Visit site
does anyone here have any experience with this fish?? since I am going to be having a large tank for a Jag, that will leave me with an open 55. I looked around at the exodon, and looks like it would be a lot of fun to have a shoal in a 55. Just wondering if any of you guys have had them? I have heard that I would have to have at least 10 or they would turn on each other??

RioXingu

AC Members
Mar 30, 2004
Janesville, WI
www.ticon.net
I rarely see this fish in any LFS around these parts.
Once I saw a single specimen in a tank; I bought it and put it in a community tank (which conventional wisdom says is a no-no).
My fish was always well behaved, despite the reputation I read about in the books.
Maybe his being an "only fish" kept him mellow.
He grew to about 3", and was very easy to keep.
You gotta like those 2 black spots on this fish, as well as the other, more subtle colorations on the fins and body.

Bill in WI

ryan

Finder, Filleter, and Fryer of Nemo
Aug 20, 2002
Fort Wayne, Indiana
mini piranas but more vicous in the aquarium. Friend of mine had 7-8 in a 55 gallon tank. They went nutts when feeders were introduced. I have never seen fish ripped to pieces that way. (im used to just seeing them being swallowed, not shredded). The only tankmate he could keep alive was some armoured catfish.

Anyways I understand they are like more aggressive schooling fish in that once you get over 6 or so they tend to spread out aggression and there are considerably less deaths.

ryan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store