Goodbye

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
I'm just taking the time to say goodbye to members on this forum. I will rarely be visiting here any more. There is literally no point in returning because there is literally nothing happening. Its just all the same 'this filter or this filter?', 'why does my livebearer look fat' or 'why is this plant dieting' type of questions over and over again. Nothing constructive, interesting or mildly exciting is happening. I've gone from having faith in a revival possibly happening, but there is no hope. Goodbye AC. Many memories will have been had and to those who I have had the pleasure of conversing with over the years, I thank you...

Seahorse8383

AC Members
Feb 18, 2014
I agree I just recently joined and I am already ready to say goodbye. There is just not enough activity and I get more of my problems solved by simply googling.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

qwe123

AC Members
Jul 30, 2008
Western Mass
I have yet to see a thread about plants dieting... are they about carnivorous plants or something?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Any forum needs ACTIVE members to grow and flourish. Joining in Feb and amassing 28 posts is the slow activity you are already complaining about. That's about 1.5 posts a day. Aussie has you beat with about 3 posts a day over almost 4 years. My wild guess is that by leaving and not posting is that action won't increase your activity here...just my opinion. We just hope that the information you have gained and taken from here did you some good. We won't even send a bill......

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Sure, AC may have hit a lull in overall activity, but sites that have been run as long as AC frequently do...and I'll say that as a member of a few other forums, AC certainly isn't the worst. By leaving you certainly aren't helping the "problem" either.

While I understand frustration with low activity, to be fed up over question quality is, to me, a bit absurd. The AC community has always been viewed as a place accepting of newer and/or less experienced members who may ask a lot of questions that could probably be Google-d by now, but that's not the point. I've been to other forums where one of the most common responses is "use the search function." IMHO that defeats the point of having forums where you get a personal response (as much as you can over the interwebs) and the ability to converse back and forth with others. If you are willing to answer questions that are posted, however basic you think they might be, you also increase the chances that the member posing the question will stick around, learn more, and contribute to discussions themselves. That's the reason I'm still here, at least...

If guess if you're looking for higher stimulation, I'd suggest frequenting specialty forums. There are plenty of them...but none I've been a part of have come close to the sense of community at AC. That's not to say there aren't ones out there, but there's a reason I still lurk around here to see what other members are up to...I wish I could post more often myself, but I know that I'd probably get too sucked in for my own good at this point.

Oh well, enjoy wherever you may end up. Can't do much to stop someone who's already made up their mind to the point of needing to announce it the the rest of us...

kiddevo

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
For me it started to go down hill when the Chat went offline. The new version just doesn't cut it.

lozt

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
...to be fed up over question quality is, to me, a bit absurd. The AC community has always been viewed as a place accepting of newer and/or less experienced members who may ask a lot of questions that could probably be Google-d by now, but that's not the point...
1+

I know I had not been a member here for very long, but I learned a lot from this place and still learning till this day. If everyone one was at the same level, what else would there to be talked about?

As for the google comment -- if no one was posting in forums, google wouldn't even have an answer. If someone wants instant answer, then google would be the ideal place to get it.

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
I'm also curious about this whole "Plant Dieting" thing. That sounds like an interesting topic to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store