Getting a Krib Tomorrow - Any Care or Hardscape (caves?) Advice?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Hi, I'm getting a Krib for my 10 gallon planted tank tomorrow. I hear they like caves. If I use a small clay pot, do I knock out the bottom or not?

Any other care hints from Krib-keepers?

Thanks,

Steven

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Hey Steven.

The short answer to your question is; you don't need to knock the bottom out of the clay pot if it's big enough for a krib to get into. Unfortunately, I think your tank is gonna prove too small for an adult krib...definitely too small if you plan on putting a pair in it.

Mark

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Hey Steven.

The short answer to your question is; you don't need to knock the bottom out of the clay pot if it's big enough for a krib to get into. Unfortunately, I think your tank is gonna prove too small for an adult krib...definitely too small if you plan on putting a pair in it.

Mark
I agree with mark. If you can upgrade to a 20Long you wobt be disappointed. Females have great colors and pairs should display interesting behaviors.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Use the flower pot and keep as much floor space open as possible. You wil need a larger tank at some point on the low end a 15 rect will work or a 20H. I'd go 20H-29H for a pair. If you get a pair than use 2-3 flower pots.

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Thank you all for the input. Unfortunately, I bought the krib withoout knowing how big (3-4 inches) the adult size is. I'm hoping I got a female - I think I do but it's hard to tell. Maybe I'll try to get a picture of (her) for people to sex. She's a small one, they all were. I asked for her purposely to try and get a female.

What I'm getting to is a question: what is the adult size of a female Krib? It will look a little funny I guess but hopefully my ten would be big enough. It's planted so it's got a lot of 3D stuff. I know I won't be able to put two in there. She seems pretty happy right now, after finishing acclimation yesterday evening.

Thanks for helping.

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
IMG_0001_18.JPG

Here's the one picture that is halfway decent

IMG_0001_18.JPG

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Definitely a female. I had a pair in my 38 gallon and that seemed too small a tank for them. I would consider upgrading your tank size if you wish to keep her. Also make sure you provide a lot of caves for her to hide in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store