30 Gallon tank, what fish should I buy??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

layl

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2009
I have 30 gallon (about 110 litre) aquarium, I am in doubt of what fish will be camfortable in my aquarium. I wish just a pair of mid size fish. I know the aquarium capacity its a bit challenging to find a mid size pair of fish so I am asking if someone can help me out pls??

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Tank dimensions?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
And water parameters? GH and pH (you can get these from your water supply folks, likely on their website). I can think of some possibles, but the tank dimensions and water parameters will help narrow it down.

Byron.

layl

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2009
thx for your reply,

tank is 81cm (32") L* 36cm (14") width and 45cm (18") high and ph is 7 (i think i can change Ph depend on which fish i get)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
What is your definition of mid-size? Many species will fit in that footprint. Are you looking for cichlids?..anabantids?

Mark

layl

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2009
i mean not small fish (like dwarf gouramis, neon tetras) but not big (like oscars cos i think they get too big for this tank) that wont be camfortable in that aquarium and yes i prefer cichlids

i was thinking about salvini, do you think it's big enough for pair of salvini cichlids or they get too big for this tank?

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I think it's small for salvinis. In the past, I've kept pairs of each; kribs, keyhole acaras, apistos, neolamprologus brichardi, n. leleupi, julidochromis marlieri, jewels and daffodil brichardi in 30 longs. Each in different tanks with dither and cleanup crews.
Water parameter requirements will depend on what you wish to keep.

Mark

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
Looking to that tank size,you can house a shortbody flowerhorn.Just maintain the ph of the water between 6 to 8.I have kept flowerhorns for almost 10 years :)

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Rainbow cichlid witg a few goodieds or mollies can do. Mark also gave a few good suggestions

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store