New tank placement and ideas, double 40 b's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013

Can't decide if this tank placement is genius or dumb.

I should start out by explaining that my 110g planted tank bust a seam and emptied on to the floor in this spot :-(

I'm downsizing into 2 forty gallon breeder tanks. I sold off some fish and gave away alot of plants.
Was thinking I could build a simple little wood cover for the filters on the wall side out of 3 boards, or ask my father in law to build another book shelf to slide the back side of these tanks into.

Glass lids will slide back from the front. Lights will sit on top of tanks.

I'm liking the idea on building a wall side cabinet that will inclose the filters, timers and power cords, that the tanks will protrude out of,
this way I will have easy access and be able to enjoy the tanks from 3 viewing sides, plus the lids I plan to make really can only go this direction since there is no center brace.

There will be a tank below this one too.

Not sure on placement but these 2 tanks will most likely be:

Tank A: african planted tank, heavy planted with my surviving plants, crypts, jungle val etc..., my surviving 6 congo tetras, plus add maybe a couple Butterfly cichlids or kribs
And some Debauwi cats?

Tank B, Asian/ Indian driftwood tank. With my giant driftwod in the middle, a couple large plants like ?? not sure, rocks, my surviving 6 Odessa barbs and 3 true Siamese algae eaters and maybe add some danios or something busy?

What you think?

also what tank should go on top? the driftwood tank or the heavy planted tank?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
IMO, if any tank could pull-off that type of placement, it's a 40B.

How do you like your Titan Eze double stand? I've got my 75g on one.

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013
IMO, if any tank could pull-off that type of placement, it's a 40B.

How do you like your Titan Eze double stand? I've got my 75g on one.
It's ok I guess, the price was right from dr. f&s

I had to lube up one post to fit into place with some ky jelly. The floor isn't level going this direction so I'm wondering how I'm going to get the tank so.
I guess I just use shims and carpet? I was thinking about doing the insulation under the tanks thing but it's kind of unsightly I think.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I used some square furniture 'leg cups' to raise the front of my titan eze slightly. The cups are metal with a felt type material on the bottom. Worked perfectly. I can't say I'm thrilled with my titan eze. You can get the 75g swaying real easy, which is very unsettling so to speak. To me, doing maintenance on a lower tank would be too much of a pita. It would have to be a real low maintenance setup (if that's possible). I bought my Titan eze stand based on price alone. It fit the budget I had.

sol

AC Members
Sep 15, 2013
hmm, I hear that with the low maintenance on the bottom point, but what's less maintenance a heavily planted tank or a sparse tank with a huge chuck of driftwood?

Once the plants are settled and everything is in balance I hardly do any maintenance etc...

but getting to that point can be a chore at times I guess

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store