New pair of German Blue Rams!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
My new pair of GBR's arrived in the mail a few days ago! Meet Eins (one in german pronounced "aye-n", the female) and Zwei (two in german pronounced "tsvy", the male), my new pair of German Blue Ram cichlids! They are only 3-4 months old, so dont have their full adult coloration yet and are still a little pale from the shipping, but they're already showing some nice blue shine in the right light. They have already staked out their territory and have even shown some courtship behaviors! P1040320.JPGP1040322.JPG
Eins, the female (Left in both pictures) is the more adventurous and courageous of the two. She was exploring her new home right away and even flared her fins at a snail that "suddenly" appeared. Zwei, the male (Right in both pictures) is kind of a scaredy-fish. At first he freaked out and hid at any little change in light or movement in the room. He is more comfortable today and though he still stays near the driftwood so he can hide, he's been coming out more and more to see what Eins is doing. He even stayed out of the driftwood cave so I could get a couple of quick pictures. I've noticed him cleaning off the flat rock, which is a good sign that they might spawn in not too long.

P1040320.JPG P1040322.JPG

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Very cute fish :D I've always loved German Blues :)

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
GBR's are always a great looking fish, yours are no exception.

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
They just started spawning in the driftwood cave! A ton of eggs already and she's still laying more!

P1040340.JPG
Zwei (Male) peeking out.

P1040369.JPG
Eins (Female) laying some eggs

P1040340.JPG P1040369.JPG

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
I got them from germanbluerams.com. The site had really good reviews from other buyers on aquabid and ebay. Price isnt bad for a guaranteed breeding pair and the fish were very well packaged and shipped. Arrived very lively and in good health. I would definitely recommend them after seeing my pair and their behavior only a few days after arrival. It's clear that they were well bred and well cared for.

They share the tank with 4 guppies and 2 BN plecos (adult female and juvie). The pleco is not too happy about them taking over her driftwood cave and keeps trying to sneak in, so I might have to move her into one of my other tanks. I thought the pair would spawn on the flat rock I provided for them instead of going into the pleco's cave, but goes to show how much real life differs from everything you read!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Thanks for the website. I've seen these breeders advertise on Aquabid as well. Have you read up on breeding GBRs? The other fish really should be evicted for best chance of raising the fry.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
nice, congrats!!

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Well, the eggs got eaten. Not surprising considering it was their first spawn. I am happy they are comfortable enough to spawn, but not that upset at the loss. Spring is my busy season for work and I dont have time to handrear the babies right now. Maybe by their next spawn I will! In the meantime, here's another picture of Eins. Their colors are really starting to come in!

P1040453.JPG

P1040453.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store